The best designers understand that paper – an often-overlooked, but valuable tool – is where the magic happens.
In this hands-on workshop you'll rediscover the power of paper as an essential part of a rapid prototyping and design process. Armed with some fundamental design principles, we'll create a series of paper prototypes for digital products, teaching you a design technique that encourages experimentation and speedy iteration.
By learning how to design without a computer, you’ll develop a rich and varied visual grammar, based on timeless design principles that pre-dated today’s technology. We’ll also learn an abundance of idea generation techniques that ensure you're never short of ideas.
What you'll learn
- how to build rapid prototypes with paper
- how to use paper to generate ideas and design concepts
- a detailed understanding of fundamental design principles
- how to develop a visual design vocabulary
- how to build an idea generation toolbox
- how to lead design workshops with nothing more than a pen and paper
Who it's for
Designers or developers who want to develop a creative and flexible way to prototype.
What to bring
We’ll provide you with everything you need for this workshop.